Thursday, April 23, 2009

How does this work?


I like the idea of a Blog. I just don't know why anyone would be interested. It's like a journal, right? So, unless I write my deep dark secrets, why is it even a little interesting. I am not a blog reader. I have friends with blogs, and I tell myself I should read them. But, I never do. So, I really am not offended if my blog is not read by anyone but me.

Life really is a Highway. I love the band Rascal Flatts, and really relate to that song. I have lived in 6 states in the USA. I have tried a few careers, but finally found my calling as a Registered Nurse. I'm the oldest of 4 kids.

My dream in life was to be married to the love of my life, have kids, go on family vacations, and live happily ever after. I did get married, but he really wasn't the love of my life. Honestly, I haven't had one. So, that was probably the fairy tale that I expected, and it never happened. I did get the kids though, and 15 years of marriage. We stuck together through a lot. But, we grew apart. I told him over and over what I needed in the relationship, and he refused to listen. He was a good guy, he just didn't know how to make a woman feel cherished. I need to feel cherished. Who doesn't? After a couple of failed relationships, that totally sucked! I found a nice guy. Unfortunately, he is slow to move forward and I am ready to have a partner. He tends to make plans without me. He went to his father's house for a week without me and only with his daughter. And now he is going to travel to Oregon without me. I am really thinking he is not one that wants to consider a future. And honestly, I am lonely. I want to sleep next to a husband. Hey, at 45 years old, what kind of time do we have? Life is a highway, and now I am on the road that may or may not get me where I want to be. Prayers are good. I will keep at them and see if the answer shows up.

Kathy

No comments: